In this section provides useful tips on documenting your ICC experience for “resume/CV” or “Linkedin” etc.
Innovation Consulting Community, Illinois State University (Dates)
- If you had a significant role such as a Project Manager or a Recorder write it here.
- If your resume is already heavy on experience, you may wish to include only a few of the points below.
- Participated in an extracurricular, interdisciplinary, team project for career development.
- Completed modules on project management, leadership, design thinking, conflict resolution, and self-awareness.
- Completed workshops on XYZ (add ones if any that you attended: social media analytics, creativity, how to consult with a client, etc.)
- Consulted for X organization (avoid use of a specific name unless given explicit permission but rather state: “a national coffee chain or a health care organization or a major league baseball team”) which lead to ABC insights (be general here to avoid identifying the organization) and gained knowledge on XYZ topic and honed my strengths which are XYZ.
- Presented to the client and provided written deliverable (or reports).
- Add a line here if you were a Project Manager or a Recorder or add this role to a sentence above.
Innovation Consulting Community, Illinois State University: October 2017 – April 2018
- Consulted for Illinois State University on “Understanding student-university engagement through social media” which lead me to gain knowledge on topics such as social media data analytics, consumer behavior, business modeling, etc. and honed my communication and business strategy skills.
- Completed modules on project management, leadership, design thinking, conflict resolution, and self-awareness as a part of the ICC project.
- Completed workshops on social media analytics, design thinking, and how to consult with a client.
- Presented and reported the research finding to the School of Business administration.